Policy on ticket exchange
April 16, 2021
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, many of our plans had to be re-scheduled. As a result, to help you organize your trip with Aerolíneas Argentinas, we have made exchanging your ticket more flexible. As soon as conditions permit, we would like to continue discovering Argentina and the world together.
Passengers with canceled or non-canceled flights with an original scheduled date from March 15, 2020, may make the first exchange under the following conditions
Changes of date:
- Without fare/miles difference, as long as the new ticket is for the same season as the original ticket (a).
- Without penalty, in all cases.
Changes of route (b)
- Without penalty, but paying the fare/miles difference, if any.
- This also includes ticket exchanges from High Season to Low Season (see below)
- Tickets issued from April 16, 2021, to/from regional and international destinations, this change policy may be applied only to postpone the date of the original trip, in other words, that when it is requested to travel before the date of the trip, the corresponding fare difference applies.
- This commercial policy is valid for all tickets purchased up to and including April 30, 2021.
- The new flights must be completed on/before December 15, 2021.
- In all cases, ticket exchanges must be made before the ticket expires. Therefore, the new date and/or destination shall have to be selected within a term not to exceed one year from the purchase date of the original ticket.
* Exception: if the start date of the trip was between January 1 and October 31, 2020, the ticket exchange must be made within a term not to exceed one year from the date of the first flight.
- If you have purchased an additional service, such as baggage, carriage of pets, access to the VIP Lounge, etc., regardless of the trip's date, you must contact Aerolíneas Argentinas within a term not to exceed one year from the additional service purchase.
- High Season includes:
• Summer 2020/2021: From December 17, 2020, to February 17, 2021.
1. Summer 2021 Exception
• Bogota/ Lima: departures from 1 to February 17, 2021.
• Punta Cana and Cancun: departures from January 1 to February 17, 2021.
• Argentina Holiday 2021 (carnival): departures from February 10 to February 17, 2021.
• Holy Week 2020: From April 7, 2020, to April 13, 2020.
• Holy Week 2021: From March 30, 2021, to April 5, 2021.
• Winter Holidays 2020/2021: From July 1 to July 31.
- Passengers are allowed to make one exchange per ticket only.
- The changes authorized by this policy for tickets issued from April 16, 2021, to/from regional/international destinations must always be for a date after the original date. Otherwise, if you want to travel before the original travel date(s) , said the original ticket's fare rules apply.
- This commercial policy conditions do not apply to tickets issued for special flights for travel up to and including August 31, 2020.
- Ticket exchanges must be made where they were purchased. In case of tickets purchased through aerolíneas.com, ticket exchanges shall be requested through our WhatsApp line.
- Ticket exchanges not subject to penalties or fare differences shall be for the same class tickets, fare family, and maximum stay as that of the original ticket.
- Changes of routing shall be made within the same flight network (i.e., domestic tickets may only be exchanged for domestic tickets, and regional/international tickets may only be exchanged for regional/international tickets).
- If there are Aerolíneas Argentinas flights concurrent with flights of other partners for the route selected, exchanges must be made using only the flights operated by Aerolíneas Argentinas
- Tickets purchased with "miles + pesos" may only obtain a refund without penalty.
- In the case of AR PLUS award tickets, seat availability per flight is limited.
- Minor Passengers traveling with an adult: for in-flight safety reasons, children over two years old must travel in a seat. Therefore, to comply with this rule, minor passengers holding open tickets with no seat, who are over two years old at the time of the new flight, (new trip date) shall pay the corresponding fare difference.
EXCEPTION: FARES THAT DO NOT ALLOW CHANGES
If a passenger has already made use of their free change due to Covid policy and/or their new trip ends after 12/15/2021 even if the regulation of their fare does not allow it, they can change their ticket provided that:
- Pay the fare difference to one that allows changes
Pay the penalty (VAT included) of
- ARS 1800 pesos Cabotage
- USD 125 Regional and South America
- USD 300 International
In the event of any additional changes, the new fare rules will apply.
CHANGES IN THE VALIDITY OF TICKETS - COVID19
The validity of tickets with the travel start date between January 1 and October 31, 2020, will be 23 months from the date of the first flight, even if travel has not yet begun, regardless of the issue date. GDSs were modified to keep tickets active in the system for the time mentioned.
During the ticket's validity, the passenger may change or refund the ticket according to the Commercial Policy for COVID19, if it is applicable and, if the new trip ends on/before December 15, 2021.
If the Commercial Policy does not apply, the regulation that must be used is the fare regulation (e.g. - passenger made already a change and/or because the passenger will initiate his travel after December 15, 2021).
For the additional products (additional luggage, VIP passes, etc.), the validity remains the same – 12 months from the purchase date. It is imperative to inform the pax not only of the validity of their ticket but also the validity of such products.