Medical Assistance Coverage for COVID-19
Aerolíneas Argentinas will provide free medical assistance coverage to all passengers in case they test positive for COVID-19. This coverage will apply to all passengers who have purchased an air ticket for a flight departing from Argentina to an international destination.
Since we want to provide additional safety and make sure that you enjoy your trip, we are the first airline in South America to include free coverage in your ticket in case you test positive for COVID-19 during your trip, covering not only medical expenses, but also quarantine and repatriation expenses, among others
Benefits of your Free Coverage
• You don’t need to request it: it is granted automatically on the date of the first international flight. The certificate will arrive to the registered mail. Only if the purchase was made within 24 hours of the departure date, it could arrive the day after your arrival at the destination.
• Free global coverage (except in Argentina and country of residence).
• Valid for 30 days
• Medical assistance through video call available around the clock
• Medical Assistance in case of Disease due to a positive test result for COVID-19 up to USD 150,000
• Reimbursement of accommodation expenses resulting from the extension of the trip due to a positive test result for COVID-19 (USD 100 per day and up to USD 3,000)
• Sanitary and funeral repatriation due to a positive test result for COVID-19 up to USD 150,000
• Accommodation for one relative in case of a passenger’s positive test result for COVID-19 (USD 100 per day and up to USD 500)
• Outpatient drugs up to USD 1,000
• Medical Assistance in case of Disease up to USD 1,000
• Emergency dental care up to USD 400
• Legal counsel for liability in an accident
• Assistance in case of theft or loss of documents, etc.
• Free telephone number for around-the-clock assistance to answer any questions you may have.
- Applicable to passengers who purchased their Aerolíneas Argentinas tickets between November 2, 2020 and April 2, 2021, through any sales channel (aerolineas.com, call center, Aerolíneas sales offices, travel agencies)
- Free international coverage (except in Argentina and country of residence).
- If you test positive for COVID-19 during your trip or if you need medical assistance, you can request it through the app or by calling the following telephone numbers:
Argentina: Toll Free 0800 288 2222 / +54 (11) 5555-2040
Spain: Toll Free 00 800 0825 8803 +34 (91) 788 3333/454 4275
United States: Toll Free 1 800 874 2223 / 1 866 701 8962 · +1 (305) 424 1250/ (786) 804 5600
South Korea: Toll Free 00 308 13 2740 +82 (2) 2144 1979
Relax and have a smooth flight by Upgrading to our COVID-19 insurance.
Click here for more information
1. Who is entitled to the COVID-19 assistance service?
The service is available to all passengers who have purchased an Aerolíneas Argentinas ticket. Passengers may use the service on international flights.
2. For how long can I use the service?
Our assistance service is available for international flights of up to 30 days.
3. How do I access the service in case I need it?
If you have any doubts or symptoms compatible with COVID-19, you only need to contact our assistance centers and we will explain to you the protocols and steps to be taken. You will find the steps to contact our centers here.
4. What information do I need to provide if I request the service?
In order to receive an adequate service, you will be asked to provide your name and last name, your ID number and your Aerolíneas Argentinas ticket number. It is also important that you provide us with the information of the place where you are and a telephone number where we can contact you
5. What is the financial coverage provided for medical expenses in case I test positive for COVID-19?
If you test positive for COVID-19, we will bear all medical and hospital expenses required up to a maximum amount of USD 150,000.
6. If I have symptoms compatible with COVID-19 but then I test negative, are my medical expenses also covered?
In case you test negative for COVID-19, all medical expenses will be covered up to a maximum amount of USD 1,000.
7. Can I use the service in the event of an emergency caused by any other medical reason?
Yes, you can use the service in the event of other medical emergencies not related to COVID-19. In such case, medical expenses will be covered up to a maximum amount of USD 1,000.
8. Can I use the service in connection with a pre-existing condition?
The service includes the treatment of events related to pre-existing conditions up to a maximum amount of USD 1,000.
9. If I need to be quarantined at my current destination because I tested positive for COVID-19, are my hotel expenses covered?
Yes, in case you have to extend your trip due to a positive test result for COVID-19, your hotel expenses will be covered in an amount of USD 100 per day up to a maximum amount of USD 3,000.
10. How can I extend my medical assistance coverage?
It is always recommended to have a plan which covers large amounts of medical assistance expenses, since these tend to be quite costly abroad. All you need to do is call 5555-2014 or visit https://www.assistcard.com/ar/b2c/aerolineas-upg-eng and request a coverage extension. We offer plans of up to USD 300,000 including medical assistance in case of disease or accident, plus medical assistance due to COVID-19
11. If my trip lasts more than 30 days, can I extend my term of coverage?
Yes, we offer coverage extension plans as regards both the amount of coverage and the term of coverage for trips that last more than 30 days. All you need to do is call 5555-2014 or visit https://www.assistcard.com/ar/b2c/aerolineas-upg-eng and request a coverage extension.
12. Do I have coverage in my country of residence?
No, the service is only valid for international trips of up to 30 days.
13. Is the coverage valid for both the outbound and the inbound segments of my trip?
Yes, as long as the whole trip does not exceed 30 days. Otherwise, we recommend that you purchase our coverage extension plans.