Policy on ticket exchange
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, many of our plans had to be rescheduled. As a result, in order to help you organize your trip, in Aerolíneas Argentinas we have made exchange conditions more flexible. As soon as we are allowed to, we would like to continue discovering Argentina and the world together.
Passengers of cancelled or not cancelled flights with original scheduled date after March 15, 2020 may make a first exchange under the following conditions
Changes of date:
- Without fare/miles difference, as long as the new ticket is for the same season as the original ticket(*).
- Without penalty, in all cases.
Changes of route
- Without penalty, but paying the fare/miles difference, if any.
(*) This also includes ticket exchanges from High Season to Low Season(*)
- IF YOU WILL NOT TRAVEL ON THE DATE STATED ON THE TICKET, IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION IN ADVANCE. OTHERWISE, YOU WILL NOT BE GRANTED THE TICKET EXCHANGE AT NO COST OFFERED IN THIS POLICY, AND YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY THE APPLICABLE PENALTIES.
To cancel your reservation, please take into account that if you purchased the ticket at a travel agency, you must contact said agency. However, if you purchased the ticket directly with our company, you can send us the message “I CANCEL MY TRIP” via WhatsApp, and a representative will contact you shortly.
This commercial policy is valid for all tickets purchased up to November 30, 2020
- The new flight must be completed before December 15, 2021.
- In all cases, ticket exchanges must be made before the ticket expires.Therefore, the new date and/or destination shall have to be selected within a term not to exceed one year as from the purchase date of the original ticket.
* Exception: if the start date of the trip is between January 1 and October 31, 2020, the ticket exchange must be made within a term not to exceed one year as from the date of the first flight.
- If you have purchased an additional service, such as baggage, carriage of pets, access to the VIP Lounge, etc., regardless of the date of the trip, you must contact Aerolíneas Argentinas within a term not to exceed one year as from the purchase of the additional service.
- High Season includes:
• Summer 2021: From December 17, 2020 to February 17, 2021.
1. Summer 2021 Exception
• Bogota/ Lima: departures from 1 to February 17 2021.
• Punta Cana anda Cancun: departures from January 1 to February 17 2021.
• Domestic Flights Argentina: departures from February 10 to February 17 2021.
• Holy Week 2020: From April 7, 2020 to April 13, 2020.
• Holy Week 2021: From March 30, 2021 to April 5, 2021.
• Winter Holidays 2020/2021: From July 1 to July 31.
- Passengers shall be allowed to make one exchange per ticket only.
- The conditions of this commercial policy do not apply to tickets issued for special flights to travel up to and including August 31.
- Ticket exchanges must be made where they were purchased. In case of tickets purchased through aerolíneas.com, ticket exchanges shall be requested through our WhatsApp line.
- Ticket exchanges not subject to penalties or fare differences shall be for tickets of the same class, brand fare and maximum stay as that of the original ticket.
- Changes of destination shall be made within the same flight network (i.e., domestic tickets may only be exchanged for domestic tickets and regional/international tickets may only be exchanged for regional/international tickets).
- If there are Aerolíneas Argentinas flights concurrent with flights of other partners for the route selected, exchanges must be made using only the flights operated by Aerolíneas Argentinas
- Tickets purchased with “miles + pesos” may only obtain a refund, without penalty.
- In the case of AR PLUS award tickets, seat availability per flight is limited.
- Minor Passengers travelling with an adult: for in-flight safety reasons, all passengers who are over two years old must travel on their own seat. Therefore, in order to comply with this rule, minor passengers holding open tickets with no seat who are over two years old at the time of the new flight (new trip date) shall pay the corresponding fare difference.
We endeavor to take care of you and provide you with the best service.