As a preventive and safety measure for everyone, carry-on and checked baggage is controlled by airport staff.
There are certain restrictions that you should bear in mind when travelling, and these restrictions may vary depending on the destination of your trip. In order to avoid any delay or inconvenience, you should know prohibited or restricted items, and the limitations on the amount of liquid that can be carried.
Liquids, aerosols and gels (LAGs) permitted in your carry-on baggage
Some countries impose restrictions in respect of liquids, aerosols and gels carried in the passengers’ cabin, and you may only carry a limited amount on board.
- Containers with non-flammable liquids, aerosols and gels may contain up to 100 ml (3.4 oz) each.
- They must all fit in one transparent one-liter re-sealable plastic bag so that the contents of the bag are visible.
Some examples of products containing liquids, aerosols and gels include toothpaste, creams, lotions, cosmetics, shaving foam, aerosol deodorants, among others.
- Alcoholic beverages can be carried as carry-on baggage (provided that local authorities so permit it) or as checked baggage, but each bottle cannot be over 70 % alcohol and the limit will be 5 liters per passenger.
- Alcoholic beverages can be carried as carry-on baggage (provided that local authorities so permit it) or as checked baggage, in the case of alcoholic beverages that do not exceed 24 % alcohol (wine, beer, sparkling wine, etc.).
- In the case of alcoholic beverages with more than 24 % but not more than 70 % alcohol, carriage is limited to 5 liters per passenger in the cabin.
Carriage of liquids, aerosols and gels in excess of 100 ml is only permitted in the following cases:
- Baby food (provided that the baby is travelling), including breast milk/formula, juice and liquid or gel foods to be consumed during the flight, or other foods for special diets.
- Medication, which must be duly labeled and accompanied by a prescription or physician’s order certifying that it must be carried as carry-on baggage for use during the trip.
- Tax free items: items purchased after the security checkpoint of the airport. You should bear in mind the restrictions on tax free liquids at your destination or connecting point.
Some examples of powder and granules include yerba mate, flour, sugar, ground coffee, spices, powder milk, cosmetics, powdered soap, etc.
1-Powder medication duly identified and with a medical prescription given by a physician.
3-Human remains duly certified as such.
4-Purchases (powder/granules) made at the Duty Free Shop and packed in a sealed bag, or otherwise delivered at the time of boarding by the shop staff. This restriction does not apply to checked baggage. However, hermetically sealed containers must be thoroughly inspected to check for breaks, tears, holes in the packaging, tampered seals or other signs of improper handling.
Prohibited items - carry-on baggage
They must be carried as checked baggage.
Restricted items - carry-on baggage
|Hand sanitizer gel (in a container not exceeding 100 ml, one per passenger)||Mercury barometer||E-cigarettes|
|Electronic devices that work with fuel cells||Safety matches||Lighters|
|Loose spare lithium ion batteries (up to 100 Wh)||Loose spare lithium metal batteries (up to 2 grams of lithium)|
Items in checked baggage
Items such as cameras, cell phones, computers, tablets, portable electronic medical devices, etc. carried as checked baggage must be turned off and protected against damages (we recommend you to place them inside a hard case). However, it is always advisable to place them in your carry-on baggage.
|Restricted (must be carried as checked baggage)|
|Aerosol deodorants||Medical or clinical thermometers||Ammunition (bullets and cartridges)|
|Oxygen bags or tanks||Non-flammable non-toxic gas tanks||Camp stoves with no gas cartridges|
In order to ensure flight safety, you are not permitted to carry the following items considered hazardous on the airplane:
|Muriatic acid||Adhesives, glues||Self-defense sprays|
|Hydrogen peroxide higher than 30 volume||Airbags||Electroshock weapons|
|Cleaning items||Sparklers||Batteries / Accumulators|
|First-aid kits||Chlorine||Gas cylinders / cartridges|
|Insecticides / Rat poison / Pesticides||Hydraulic fluids||Turpentine / Solvents / Diluting agents|
|Benzene||Nail polish remover||Petroleum samples|
|Lighter rechargers||Blood||Segway / Electrical self-balancing transporters|
|Samples for lab tests|