You can travel with your dog or your cat in the cabin on domestic or inside South America flights, (Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay, Colombia and Perú). The following are the general conditions of carriage:
1. Puppies or kittens must be at least 8 weeks old.
2. Each passenger may carry only one dog or cat.
3. Unaccompanied minors may not carry animals under this scheme.
4. “Brachycephalic” dog and cat breeds will be accepted for in cabin carriage.
5. You must have the required documentation according to your destination, see the Documentation section.
6. You can make your booking through our Contact Center (0810.222.86527) at least 72 hours before the departure of your flight. You may also do so at the Airports (with no previous booking), but in this case the service will be subject to availability on the flight.
7. The weight allowance for carriage is 7 (seven) kilos per animal, including the carrier.
8. Pets must be carried in a carrier (kennel) provided by the passenger.
9. This service is subject to cabin availability.
Pet carrier acceptance conditions:
It must be a waterproof, durable, ventilated and safe carrier.
It must be big enough for the pet to be able to stand up, sit straight, turn around and lie down comfortably.
It must be placed under the seat in front of the passenger.
Maximum dimensions for carriers in both cabins:
If the carrier does not meet all acceptance conditions, your pet will be denied boarding in the cabin and the charge for the service will not be refundable. Should this situation arise and as long as you meet the requirements for pet carriage in the hold, you may choose to purchase this service, but you will not be entitled to a refund of the difference between the prices of the two services.
Charges for the carriage of pets in the passengers’ cabin, per animal and per segment:
|Up to 7 kg|
|Inside Argentina (1)||ARS 2.000|
|Inside Sudamérica||USD 120|
(1) The price includes a 21% VAT, except for USH/RGA, where the price is final and does not include VAT. You may request a Tax Credit Certificate.
*Inside South America includes the following countries: Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay, Colombia and Perú
*Charges are refundable (except when acceptance conditions are not met).
*Exchanges are permitted if there is a change in route.
Assistance dogs may travel in the cabin of the airplane in all Aerolíneas Argentinas/Austral routes and free of charge with passengers that rely on them due to a visual or hearing impairment. They must travel at their owner’s feet without blocking aisles or emergency exits, and they may not occupy a seat.
The animal must:
• Have the required documentation according to the destination, see the Documentation section.
• Wear a harness and a leash attached to the seat belt.
In the case of carriage of unaccompanied pets, they must meet the requirements for carriage of animals in the hold, but the service must be booked in the CARGO section.
In this category, we accept brachycephalic dogs and cats (usually known as snub nosed). These include, but are not limited to, the following breeds:
Dogs: American Bully Bulldog / English Bulldog / American Bulldog / French Bulldog / Boxer / Japanese Boxer / Boston Terrier / Japanese Chin / Pug / Chinese Pug / German Pug / Pekingese / Lhasa Apso / Chow / English Toy Spaniel / Mastiff Staffordshire / Bull Terrier / Tibetan Spaniel / Shih Tzu / Brussels Griffon
Cats: Burmese / Exotic / Himalayan / Persian
For more information, please contact us.
For more information visit this link
Phone: +54 11 4480-6396
Documentation for the carriage of pets inside Argentina
Valid anti-rabies vaccine certificate (for dogs and cats older than 3 months).
Good health/suitability for airplane travel certificate: issued no earlier than 10 (ten) days before the departure of your flight.
Documentation to enter/exit Argentina with your pet
Check sanitary requirements for dogs and cats according to your country of destination.
Get the international veterinary certificate issued by the SENASA.